About DarrisDear neighbors,
I have been a citizen of South Fulton for over 22 years. We built our home here from the ground up, raised, and educated all of our children here. South Fulton is our home! We have always had an amazing amount of pride in where we live. Always eager to have conversations about South Fulton and have “friendly” banter with friends about how our side of town is better than theirs. Now, having the opportunity to see our home become a city with so much potential fills me with pride and joy. Moreover, having the opportunity to play a part and be willing to put in the work to make South Fulton “ A Choice Place to Live and A Choice Place to Work” is an honor. I am excited to do the work that will be necessary to make South Fulton a world class living experience.
I am proud to announce my candidacy for City Council, District 3 in the newly created City of South Fulton. All of my experience in the community, schools, and church have undoubtedly prepared me for such a time as this.
- Chair, Board of Directors at a public institution of higher education with oversight responsibilities of a $36 million budget and general operations of the college and programs, assisted in accreditation reaffirmation, and championed the opening of the $14 million Allied Health and Technology Complex, a $4.8 million renovation library and testing center and facility department hub
- Fulton County Citizen Review Panel - reviewed cases to ensure that nonviolent minor offenders are reunited with families
- Over 20 years with state and local government assisting in the implementation of technology to enhance public safety. In depth knowledge with local government to improve operations and control cost
- Served on the Fulton County Restorative Board – reviewed cases of first-time, nonviolent offenders to divert them from the formal court process
- Board of Directors, United Youth Adult Conference
- Officer, Cascade United Methodist Church
- Camp Creek Business Association member
- United States Marine Corps
- B.A., Political Science, Clark Atlanta University
- MBA, Strayer University